Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Fidgiegirl's Journal

Thanks, everybody! We are excited, and scared, and amazed, and freaked, and more . . .

I decided to take a spin through the Target baby department just to check out some prices (so I can tell what's a deal on CL and what's not) while I was there on a work errand today. MISTAKE!!! I am super overwhelmed now. THERE IS SO MUCH. The stuff aspect of this adventure is already freaking me out. I don't want to have a house packed to the brim with stuff. I think we over-"stuff" kids. I don't want a baby shower - how does one even say no to these things?!?! I do have a Canadian friend who managed to at least have a shower where she requested all used gifts. That would help with feelings of impact/footprint, but not really with the overrunning of the house with THINGS.

I am hoping to post some more thoughts soon regarding budgets and whatnot to help think through some things.

Haha, you all got a hormonal panic attack!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Congratulations Fidgie! How exciting for you two, and get ready for a wild ride!

And just remember that you probably only need 1/4 of the baby stuff out there. For example, my daughter never had a real full-sized crib - she went from a porta-crib right to a twin bed (as a todler). I never had a changing table, just a waterproof pad on the floor. No play-pen, no play yard. One of my best purchases was a Kelty baby backpack (usable from about 7 months to 2.5 years (35 lbs., ) and most clothes were from resale shops. Have fun with the process of what will work for you!

Thread Information