Thread: Crafting becoming businexx

Crafting becoming businexx

So the octopus thing is getting popular. I have sold about 10 and interest is there for more, now to deal with craft supplies in under 1,000 ft2. I have camping gear out for vacation prep, a nice neat living room and large bags of yarn on my bed. I see other crafters spend a lot of money on set up and storage ( helping a friend at comic con), and I just want to craft really. I want to focus more on consignment than building a business. So any great, cheap ideas? This is one of the few times when the answer was not to just get rid of lots of stuff!

I am also getting more Connections for mindfulness so I need some stuff for that as well.

Underbed storage is great. Can be boxes cut down or rolling plastic crates. Raise the bed 6 inches with inexpensive bed risers from Walmart or other type stores and you will get even more good storage. Whole lot of room under there. Bags of yarn can often go behind sofas if filled neatly.

Big thing is to not go overboard and end up with crafting stuff that is not being used. Mom and I both have stuff that we bought and now is sitting around for the next project. It keeps getting pushed out to work on newer items. My constant refrain is "use what you have".

What is "the octopus thing?" I must have missed something.

Zoe makes octopi and sells them in a side business. I think they are maybe puppets, crocheted? She shared a picture, tres cute.

here is a tiny one, they are toys and I also do dragon puppets
    Attached Images Attached Images

How cute!

That's great. Congratulations. Those are cute. I have enjoyed selling my hand knits and soaps on Etsy. www.PinkCottageSoaps.etsy.com Many of the knitters I know give me their old yarn that they're not going to use. I knit it up into slippers, socks, sweaters, and shawls. It's fun. I try not to let my stash grow too much. If I know I'm not going to use something, I donate it to the church thrift shop or the Salvation Army.

Thread Information