Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year

New Year

Hi all,
    my DH & I are heading to the remote NW coast of WA, to stay in a cabin, turn off all the devices, hike the wild winter beaches, and dream about our upcoming year. Our housesitters arrived last night, and we'll be loaded & off within the hour. See you next year!

Enjoy, it sounds wonderful.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'm going to drag my beloved to one of those cabins before long. Even while surrounded by it, we don't get enough of nature. Excellent way to greet the new year, redfox.

Have a wonderful time! And yes, see you next year.

My DH and I are off to Orange County tonight after work, to visit my dad, step-mom, sister and brothers. It's a 6ish hour drive, and we like to do it at night, since arriving in the LA basin after midnight is the best bet for no traffic. Very much looking forward to spending time with my siblings, their significant others, my nieces, and my parents. I am bringing gingerbread house kits down, so my nieces and I will put those together on NYE (our tradition).

The dogs are going to their "vacation home" and will have the time of their lives (friends with three greyhounds, a giant backyard, and many couches and beds that the dogs are allowed full access to), but our cat is staying home all alone (my FIL will come once a day to feed her). I was feeling sad about that (our other cat died in September), until my DH brought me back to my senses, reminding me that Ophelia has been (not so patiently) waiting for this for 14 years. So, I guess I will allow her to enjoy it and not get her a "friend" to keep her "company."

I have so much to do to get ready (work-wise, and personally), that I better get to it!

Kara

Mrs-M
    Wishing you a fun-filled time, Red!

That's sounds fun, hope you enjoy!

Tell us all about it when you get back so we can live vicariously through you!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    Tell us all about it when you get back so we can live vicariously through you!
    Nice idea, I'll like that.

Here's the link to a few of the photos my husband took, with his commentary on the image... more being processed daily!

http://society6.com/MichaelLane/prints

Beautiful!!!

Thread Information