Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone having post-Christmas letdown?

Anyone having post-Christmas letdown?

That's all I'm asking, no prompts. If you are feeling the letdown, can you articulate why?

Just curious. Thanks.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Mrs-M
    Not at all, KayLRZ. I'm relieved it's all over. Whew...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    Not at all, KayLRZ. I'm relieved it's all over. Whew...

EXACTLY. Christmas to me, is the most stress filled time of the year, to the point I get angry and depressed.

Mrs-M
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    EXACTLY. Christmas to me, is the most stress filled time of the year, to the point I get angry and depressed.
    Me, too. This year was particularly stressful, because we hosted Christmas Day dinner at our house, and that always changes the dynamics of Christmas, for me.

I am, I have to admit. The Christmas season was very busy at work and with family obligations, and I was feeling a bit worn down, but this year we really simplified Christmas itself. The extended family visited elsewhere, it was a particularly simple year for gift-giving (lots of group gifts), and the youngest children are old enough to handle the disruptions better--we also made some choices in terms of cooking, decorating, etc that were easier. Once my time-off from work started, it was really a blessed holiday, and I got quite sad Boxing Day afternoon when it was time to pack up all my bits and pieces and head home to my own house.

Mrs-M
    AmeliaJane. I'll admit, I go through times of melancholy after Christmas, but overall, being able to wave goodbye to all the fuss and muss for one more year, never fails to put a smile on my face!

No. I only feel bad that my nephew who I only get to see once or twice a year is going back to Miami so soon.

I have minimized Christmas to such an extent, that there is no hassle. I did no real shopping (other than on line), got to bake for family (I love baking), and it'll take me less than an hour to put away the tabletop tree, take down the wreaths and garlands and be back to normal life. I would always feel a let down after doing lots of shopping and preparation that it was over with so soon. Now Christmas Eve is a nice dinner with family, and no additional expectations. No presents to figure out what to do with (other than some fun stocking stuffer gifts from hubby). Got to see a Christmas play (which I wanted) , but the month was empty of any obligations. What I do have left is all good.

No, because it's still Christmas around our house until Epiphany (Jan 6). I love our holiday celebrations. They are simple and beautiful and enjoyable. I do enjoy the period just after Christmas and before Lent. That's the beginnng of "winter" to me, the time when winter is still new and enjoyable to me with fires and needlework and baking. I have some fun projects coming up and some fun family activites planned. I think it will be good.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Yep, definite let-down here...partly the end of all the fun gatherings--it was go-go back to back festivities here..

and then part of it is, I'm quite sure, a post sugar/carb let-down...

Back to healthier eating and more gym work-outs.

And more time for diving into more books! Hooray!!
    peaceful, easy feeling

We had planned to have a non-Christmas holiday season and go on vacation instead. Due to several family health issues the vacation was canceled so we really had nothing planned and were not going to plan B and jump back into Christmas. It was great with the exception of all that was going on around us with other family and friends. We didn't invite or accept invitations but it still felt like being the only sober people in the middle of a party. I am glad it is over so I don't need to deal with that on top of my husbands health issues.

Thread Information