Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite low carb-ish recipe/support sites?

One more note. I also find that if I am more mindful of my fluid intake I eat less. I try to alternate food and water/tea every couple of hours because I just can't consume a lot of water with my meals. So, I get up, have a cup of tea, wait at least an hour to eat breakfast. Then when I am next feeling hungry, I have some tea or water first, and wait to see if I'm actually hungry. Etc.

Also, I have a mini-fast every day, with at least 11 hours between dinner and breakfast.

I don't have a favorite website, but I have my favorites, including some recipes if you want. My stand-by low carb snacks are raw almonds, tuna packed in water, beef jerky, hard-boiled or devilled (also known as stuffed) eggs, and cottage cheese, maybe mixed with plain yogurt, ricotta cheese, a little Splenda, and some fruit. Endemame, or soybeans, are a high protein complex carb. My low-carb plan doesn't limit complex carbs like green vegetables, or fruit; otherwise it's just too boring. These are some ideas I just got off the Internet re Chinese food and low-carb: emphasize clear thin soups like hot and sour or egg drop. Black bean sauce is the lowest carb option of all sauces used in Chinese food. And, use sauteed sliced cabbage in place of rice.

Thread Information