Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Gratitude

January Gratitude

So many things to be thankful for. I'm warm and fed, was sick but now well, the dogs and husband are all happy, and when I turn the little silver handles, fresh clean drinking water comes out of multiple locations in my home. We are so fortunate. Happy 2013, all!

We had nearly a full day of sunshine today, after weeks grey skies. Lovely, but the sun was super today.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

I am glad I have a good job that I enjoy (most of the time!) to return to after the holidays. I am grateful my employer provides me with free public transportation to get there, saving me both gas and toll fees.
    My blog: The Game Ranch

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm thankful for a very flexible job. I am fighting the flu bug the last few days and it's no problem to rearrange my work schedule to stay home and get better.

I am so happy to have dogs that make me laugh all day long. The puppy has a huge ("bigger than him") ball and is butting it around the house like a soccer ball. So funny.

bunnys
    Back in November I posted in the November gratitude that I was grateful for the beautiful mute swan had come to the part of the river where I take my daily walk. The regulars at the park and I have been enjoying looking at the swan for the past 2 months. He's the talk of the park!

Well he WAS, that is. The last time I saw him was the day after Christmas. And this, after seeing him in the water on my walk EVERY SINGLE DAY. Day after day I'd go to the park looking for him. I talked with several people at the park in the past few days, wondering if he was gone. No one has seen him for nearly a week!

Until tonight! He's back! And he's got a GIRLFRIEND! Isn't that the cutest?

It made my day. And everyone else's who also saw him this evening.

The weather is crisp and clear, the sky is a lovely blue, and on the way home from errands yesterday I spied the Olympic mountains peeking over the tree line. I have a big mug of hot chocolate and I'll be watching the Jodi Arias trial on line for at least part of the morning while I sort and pile recyclables. I have no complaints.

We have a sunny, bright, warming-up winter day today, and I love that I am able to get outside and take advantage of it.

When DH and our dogs go to the mountains every weekend they can (even though our parrot and I can't), they've come back every time so far. We're always glad to see each other
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

So thankful that my DH is so great at DIY projects. He is working on the kitchen right now and got stuck at a certain point and looked it up on the DIY network and now thoroughly understands what to do. He also took the pantry, which was a mess and spackled away and is now ready to paint. Also almost every screen in the house was slashed by the cats they had owned. He replaced the screen on most of them and we are waiting for a special ladder so he can get to outer unreachable windows in the house.

I am amazed at how talented he is and had to brag! LOL!

Thread Information