Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What areas (if any) do you score a D, when it comes to domesticities/frugality?

Mrs-M

What areas (if any) do you score a D, when it comes to domesticities/frugality?

My D-score area, is changing-out/laundering dishtowels/dishcloths (regularly). I'm fairly certain I could never sell myself on adopting a daily change-out routine, but something in-between I'm thinking, where once/twice weekly would be the norm.

Another D-score area for me, washing-down and keeping dust-free, closet and pantry shelves.

I get an "A" or sometimes "B" in keeping flower beds neat and tidy.

The rest of it? I don't care.

"D" is for Dishes at our place. My sadly, non-eco friendly solution is paper plates & bowls. Now the dish pile is less daunting to tackle.

I get an "A" for my sock drawer. If my sock drawer is organized then I feel like all is right in the world, no matter how dusty or cluttered the rest of the apartment may be

Pretty much everything. Hate to clean- a waste of my life's energy. I do just enough to keep things relatively sanitary.

Well I do better at organization and cooking.

hee hee. You and me both, herbgeek, you and me both.

D- on baseboards
    D on proper sit-down meals and making sure everyone eats something for breakfast
    I get an A+ on changing out dishtowels and cloths. I'm very fearful of germs hiding in fabric so I probably go thru 4 dishcloths a day and 3 kitchen towels. We also only use cloth napkins so I do a load of kitchen and bath items every day.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Keeping the linen closet neat and organized. I go through about once every three of four months and reorganize it because it's gotten in such a disarray I can't find anything easliy. I keep extra bedding, towels, personal care items, and cleaning supplies on those shelves, so there is a lot to get misplaced. Just did it yesterday.... lets see how long this lasts.

Eating out. I rarely cook.

A D by whose standards?
    Compared to my clutterbug friend whose house is a disaster (by my standards), my house is in tip-top condition.
    Compared to my retired parents, where you could eat off any floor or other surface in the house any time of day, any day of the week, my house is dusty and cluttered.

By my standards, my house is usually just right. I do what needs to be done.

Ironing.
    I hate it, which is why I pay my cleaner to do a couple of hours extra per week. She Loves ironing.

Thread Information