Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: soft drinks...GAH!!!!

I've had several times in my life where I've given up the Diet Coke and then I fall off the wagon and go overboard on it. I know I should give it up but it's hard. I like buying it at McDonald's because they double filter their water. I've tried switching to tea but I don't know what it is in tea but something about it gives me heartburn. I drink lots of coffee too.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    We don't do soda in our house but we do do juice mixed with seltzer water. Yum Pineapple & seltzer, cranberry & seltzer etc. I think it's a great alternative to soda.
    Great idea. As you can probably tell from my previous post, DH is quite picky. Excited to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by HomemadeChange View Post
    Great idea. As you can probably tell from my previous post, DH is quite picky. Excited to try it.
    Hope he likes it

[QUOTE=Dhiana;123433]Trying to find the perfect nutrition plan is like playing that crazy Wack-a-Mole game!

That made me laugh,

I am probably doing something rotten to my body with the soda. That is coming down, quit smoking back in summer which was the biggest change so I am pretty easy on myself at this point. HoweverI find it takes a lot of other things in my life to support things like not drinking soda (exercise, meditation, friends, manageable stress) so one baby step at a time

It's all about moderation, IMO. The people in the study who were at risk were drinking 4 or more cans a day of soda. A bottle or two of root beer every month? Not even in the same ballpark.

And you know, when they start researching why this happens, they may find out that it's not the soda after all. Maybe drinking that much soda means that they aren't eating or drinking something else--and it's that *lack* that puts them at risk for depression.

It's like the recent study that weighing a bit more than what is currently perceived as healthy could have health benefits. Scientists and doctors are scrambling now to figure that one out--because it goes against the most commonly accepted beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I've had several times in my life where I've given up the Diet Coke and then I fall off the wagon and go overboard on it. I know I should give it up but it's hard. I like buying it at McDonald's because they double filter their water. I've tried switching to tea but I don't know what it is in tea but something about it gives me heartburn. I drink lots of coffee too.
    Hi float on , does green tea also give you heartburn? There is white tea too which I love it is light maybe that may help?

I think I have a soft drink every few years since we gave them up at least ten years ago. The last Coke I had tasted like syrup on fire - too sweet, too carbonated - so I guess my tastes have changed. I don't even know how people can like diet sodas too much - to me they taste nasty. We always have a pitcher of iced tea. Our go-to standard is hibiscus mint but I try lots of different ones both herbal and caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Hi float on , does green tea also give you heartburn? There is white tea too which I love it is light maybe that may help?
    Any tea I try will eventually give me heart burn. Not sure why and I love it. Doesn't matter hot or cold or how prepared. I don't like lemon in tea (though I usually add a slice to diet coke) and I don't like sweet tea.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

That's too bad Float On....

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Our go-to standard is hibiscus mint but I try lots of different ones both herbal and caffeinated.
    That sounds good! Red Zinger makes a great iced tea as well - I add honey and lemon.

Thread Information