Thread: Long distance Amtrak?

Long distance Amtrak?

Has anyone done long distance travel on Amtrak?

I'm especially interested in the City of New Orleans between Chicago and NOLA. I have a friend I want to visit in NOLA, but danged, it's between $500-$600 for a Feb trip AFTER Mardi Gras to fly. For the same dates, the City of NOLA is $234 round trip, coach (down on Thursday back on Monday). I've got the extra vacation days to burn.

Thanks!

We do the Auto Train once a year. The Auto Train has no intermediate stops, but other than that it's pretty-much the same as other long distance Amtrak routes.

What questions do you have?

There is another really good thread on here about Amtrak going West. Search for that - some great tips. It sounds like Chicago to NOLA is pretty short - go for it and enjoy doing something different. Have you looked at what stops you'd have a long the way? I've done short East Coast trips, Philly to Baltimore. My parents did Atlanta, MO to CA to OR. A sleeper is best for long trips.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Tradd - I started a thread awhile back in "Travel and Home Exchange" about long-distance Amtrak. You might want to take a look at it.

We're taking our first trip in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog Lin View Post
    Tradd - I started a thread awhile back in "Travel and Home Exchange" about long-distance Amtrak.
    http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...-Amtrak-anyone

Thread Information