Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Virus Attack

Wildflower

PC Virus Attack

The last 3 days that I have come to the Simple Living forums I've received a warning as soon as I get here that my virus protection has just blocked an attack on my computer.

What's up? Is there a virus here? Anyone else getting the same alert?

I haven't seen anything like that. If anyone else does, could you post the details here, or send me a message?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I got that notice too when opening this site today; my anti-virus program (Avast!) said that it just blocked a Trojan horse virus.

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthre...kit-detection/

I got it 15" ago. It was Blackhole Exploit Kit Detection. It is the #3 virus/threat at AVG.
    Last edited by Simpler at Fifty; 1-16-13 at 4:24pm. Reason: added link

Mrs-M
    Something strange happened late last night as I was finishing up here. A single line message/warning displayed across the screen. It consisted of a message (don't remember what it said), and a series of HTML slashes, dots, etc. I was unable to access the forum after that.

Prior to the message displaying, pages were loading excessively slow, then not at all.

For the first time, I was just notified upon accessing this site, that Norton had stopped a virus. I took a few seconds to locate a piece of paper to copy down the Norton message, so noted only that the last words were "web toolkit 20."

I have the notepaper handy now.

Wildflower
    Just happened again. Norton identified it as Blackhole Tool Kit Website 20.

Mrs-M
    AVG, just notified me (upon logging-in on the forum), that a thread was blocked.

Which thread?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Mrs-M
    I'm sorry, Alan, I see I made a boo-boo in my spelling. I meant to say, threat.