Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A View Of My Livingroom

A View Of My Livingroom

Just trying out this picture thing -

[IMG]DSCN3242.jpg[/IMG]

I guess it didn't work. I am an idiot on the computer...

Well, it worked in the practice forum but the same screen did not pop up when trying it here...if you want to see the view of my living room, please go to the practice forum!

Fixed it for ya!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thank you Alan!

Anyway, my living room has been an ongoing work in progress for the past 15 years - last night I finally got rid of the icky, grungy, dusty 15 year old broken el-cheapo plastic mini-blinds and hung a fabric shower curtain I got for $9.99 at Meijers in the front window. Too cheap to purchase the fancy metal rings to hang it with, I instead used some natural twine to tie it up onto the existing curtain rod. You should have seen it this morning when I woke up and the sunrise bathed the room in a nice warm peachy glow! I love my townhouse!

Nice! I love the colors and the way the accessories and art tie it all together.

Kara

That lounge chair in the corner looks like a really comfy place to read! Or nap!

Mrs-M
    Home-sweet-home! Beautiful! Love the standup lamp and wall clock! And, Peggy, the corner lounge is already spoken for! It's all mine! LOL!

Love the checkered Kleenex box! Hand-knitted?

SiouxQ: it's lovely, truly lovely. Warm and homey.

(and I'm a little disgusted: I have a very similar shower curtain in my bathroom, yours is just as pretty as curtains as mine is in the bathroom, and I spent 4 times as much for the darn shower. I couldn't wait, I just had to get the bathroom done, I had to buy something and get it done.....when will I learn patience?)

I love the copper/burnt orange/redishes/browns-tones you've done. Just like in my bathroom.

This is the second pic that has been posted of someone's living room lately, (was Black Dog the other one? - my mind is blank on that right now), anyhow I just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea! It gives us peeks into "real people's" homes, not magazines or HGTV homes. I am enjoying this and I think especially so because I am, for some reason, experiencing a desire to "do SOMETHING" to my house. Being frugal means I don't go out and hire a decorator or shop for all new stuff - just a few good inspiring ideas and some paint maybe. Thanks for posting and maybe we can start a thread for this.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information