Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A View Of My Livingroom

Nice use of colors, SiouxzQ! Is that a quilt over the couch?
    I agree, it would be a fun thread. Kitchens, too, would be interesting.

Thanks all!
    @Mrs. M: the kleenex box is from Kroger, $1 per box. I choose the ones that match my decor. It WAS a wall clock (yard sale, clock part broken), and I turned it into an art project (it's hard to see here, but there are wings sprouting out of the sides).
    @Rosemary: that is a wool blanket that was given to me a while back.

I looooove orange, as you can see. And spring green; it is kind of a strange color combination but I think it works. I feel so warm and cozy in my living room. It's all stuff I have collected and acquired over the years. The futon couch and the orange lounger were purchased new (the ONLY furniture I have ever purchased new) with some of the proceeds from a long ago worker's comp case. Everything else I inherited, got second hand, or made. Next I will post a picture of the maple china cabinet I repainted last summer - it came out really cool!

I'm an artsy type and I remember this fantastic piece of advice from a design teacher. Go to a fabric store or place that sells beautiful wrapping paper and get a sample of different patterns whose colors speak to you. Then you Pull all of these colors and they will work together. in a room design for rugs, wall colors etc. People who design fabrics and wrapping papers have years and years of color theory etc.

Looks so warm and cozy. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs-M
    The Kleenex box is chic, SiouzQ! With the wall clock, were you able to turn it into a sort of curio wall display? Where all the insides are gone, leaving space inside to store something special?

Another visual treat--love the warm colors and the graphic blanket.

I love orange and red together and that danish style chair is cool!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

The wall clock is basically an empty cabinet that I collaged into and around. When I have more time I will try to post a clearer picture of it.

Mrs-M
    That would be great, SiouzQ!

P.S. Can't wait to see your china cabinet! Major weakness of mine... china cabinets, old bookcases, armoires, and vitrines!

Ooo! I LOVE these colors. And the midcentury table. Looks like a sweet place to hang out... And the curtains are perfect.

Thread Information