Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What are your 2010 Successes?

I love these threads. Let's see... for us 2010 had a lot going on!

1. We nearly finished administration on the probate of FIL's estate. So glad that's almost done.
    2. I went to school part-time and did well in all classes, plus gained a new mentor and friend.
    3. I lost 35 lbs (over 50 lbs total since I started). Very glad about that. Still have a bit to go, but I feel like I've done the most important part.
    4. Paid off over $40,000 in debt through motivation and focus.
    5. Continued to max out 401(k) and IRA accounts.
    6. Paid our credit cards in full on a regular basis. That feels good.
    7. Spent time with family and friends.
    8. Bought a couch. We hadn't had one for five years. It was time. Love the new couch.

In the last two years I was able to do two things without going into any debt. First I had my house re-roofed. Then, less than an year later I planned and paid for my daughter's wedding.

I still have 6 months of living expenses in the bank and I switched my one credit card to a Saphire card so I can earn points for future travel. I've set it up so that I can pay my mortgage with it and immediately pay the card balance in full. I'll have an opportunity to travel to China next year with my sister and brother-in-law, who travels there several times per year to oversee a plant there. My lodging and most meals will be free, so all I will need to pay for is my airfair and incidentals. I should have enough points to cover it by then.

Thread Information