Thread: Changing the way I think

MamaM

Changing the way I think

Being in Texas, my need for winter attire is nil. Other than trying to be cute, I was hanging onto winter items that I barely used. I can survive the cold here with a puffy jacket w/hood, scarf and my cowgirl boots. I added tights to my skirts for work and this seems to work great. This has allowed me to donate 3 pairs of boots (more suited to New England than here), 2 heavy jackets, 2 heavy sweaters and 3 pairs of very thick jeans. We only have "winter" for about 7-8 weeks here. This has freed up so much space in my home and I can get dress a lot faster now and I am using the things I love. I just layer to stay warm and when I am at home, throw on the old bathrobe. The heavy clothing I donated never worked for me because I would get somewhere and sweat to death. Lighter layers work so much better.

It took some changes in the way I think to accomplish this but I feel much freer now.

Yay you!
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Sounds goo to be able to do.

MamaM
    I am VERY luck to be living here..I love it!!!! I want to move even further south someday. I want to live where I can get away with shorts and flip flops on December 25th....outside!!!

MamaM - sounds like you need to visit my neck of the woods - Corpus area

MamaM
    Catwoman--Corpus is my FAVORITE!!! Mustang Island and the various other hidden gems.

Oh, I wish I could do this. I grew up on the frozen tundra of the upper midwest but have been living in NYC for almost 20 years. The winters here are not as severe and certainly not as long as the winters of my home state, but I still have the habit of making sure we have enough warm clothes to survive six weeks stranded in an unheated car in a blizzard. I have more pairs of long underwear and down-filled outerwear than anyone on in NYC, I'm willing to bet. But, I can't get rid of them.

After living in Honduras I have 2 closets full of sleeveless tops and lightweight nylon hiking pants. That is what I live in - clothes that don't wrinkle as I don't have access to an electric dryer and anything cotton needs to be ironed. I never ironed until I moved here, btw. If/when I move to where 'cold' is below 65 degrees I will have a wardrobe delima.
    Last edited by shadowmoss; 1-22-13 at 9:44am. Reason: spelling of course.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

MamaM
    Shadowmoss- I should have sent my items to you!!! : )

Thread Information