Thread: mint.com

mint.com

Has anyone used Mint.com yet to track their finances. You can hook up your bank statements, investments, etc. apparently, and see everything in one place. Clark Howard says it's secure and he uses it. You can't move any money around. Anyone try it yet?

Hi Paige,
    I've used it and I'm lukewarm about it. I have more than one account in my bank and I received the information from Mint for all accounts intermixed. I haven't spent alot of time with it so this issue may be easily
    resolved. I have friends that use it and love it so I may be the exception, not the rule. It's free and pretty easy to start using so you may try it and see what you think.
    Diane

We have used it for almost a year now. Overall, I love it, but it does have some things that are frustrating but so does the Quicken software we used to use. When you do a budget you can only reset the budget at the first of the month. Also, sometimes it pulls in old transactions. It is great though and quick once you get used to using it. Also, they are constantly upgrading it. It memorizes the transactions and guesses the categories well so there is not as much time going through and categorizing as there was in Quicken. It is owned by Intuit who also makes Quicken. The trends section is good for reporting etc. I give it a A . The best part is that it is FREE!

I use something similar- yodlee. I've been using it for years now, and it is a great tool for helping me track spending and savings progress.

Thread Information