Thread: How to make heart shaped tea bags for valentines day...

How to make heart shaped tea bags for valentines day...

Adorable. I'm going to make these as a little Valentine surprise at breakfast for my kids. They are both tea drinkers. I'm on the look-out for small little surprises like this for the holiday, so let me know if you find others. ♥

Cute idea, but I suggest using undyed thread... even then it may leave some sort of chemical residue in tea, since it's made with hot water and thread right off the spool has never been washed. The best thing to use would probably be butcher's string (the kind you use to tie roasts) and a needle with a large eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    Cute idea, but I suggest using undyed thread... even then it may leave some sort of chemical residue in tea, since it's made with hot water and thread right off the spool has never been washed. The best thing to use would probably be butcher's string (the kind you use to tie roasts) and a needle with a large eye.
    Good point Rosemary...

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
    Adorable. I'm going to make these as a little Valentine surprise at breakfast for my kids. They are both tea drinkers. I'm on the look-out for small little surprises like this for the holiday, so let me know if you find others. ♥

Hi Bootsie, you can go to the site "The Dollar Stretcher" and on their cover page on the lower right side are articles that are just what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Hi Bootsie, you can go to the site "The Dollar Stretcher" and on their cover page on the lower right side are articles that are just what you are looking for.
    Thanks! I'm heading over there now.

Thread Information