Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Tofu scramble tonight, chock full of veggies that are getting a bit past their prime (red potatoes, orange bell pepper, kale, and whatever else comes to hand!).

Last night: fried rice made with leftover rice, eggs, very wilted celery, an onion, a red bell pepper that need to be used, and some previously roasted chicken from the freezer.

Tonight: leftover fried rice.

Puglogic

Is there any chance that you might share your tomato soup recipe? Dh and I have been looking for a homemade tomato soup to add to our rotation at work. Every day we make a fresh soup and our getting into a rut with the selection.

Thanks.

Baked potatoes with baked beans and cheese and some leafy salad on the side. Running low on food and I couldn't be bothered going shopping!

roasted garlic chicken breasts with ratatouille, crushed new potatoes and brocolli.

I don't have a clue - totally uninspired today with this hot weather.

Panfried salmon, basmati rice and stir-fried veggies. mmm

Quote Originally Posted by bke View Post
    Puglogic

Is there any chance that you might share your tomato soup recipe? Dh and I have been looking for a homemade tomato soup to add to our rotation at work. Every day we make a fresh soup and our getting into a rut with the selection. Thanks.
    Hi bke,
    This is a recipe cut out of the paper - a local "comfort food" restaurant's recipe, so so easy:
    2T olive oil
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 clove of garlic, pressed or minced, or just a bit of garlic powder
    1 t crushed red pepper flakes
    2 28-oz cans of plum tomatoes (we substitute Muir Glen Fire Roasted)
    1/4 c chopped fresh basil

Saute the onion & red pepper in the olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it's tender (about 7 minutes). Add the tomatoes as well as 1-1/2 cups of water and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the basil and a little salt & pepper, and let cool a little before pureeing in a blender or food processor. They say "pass the soup through a fine mesh strainer" and I suppose you could do that if you wanted, but we don't mind our a tiny bit chunky.

Served with a dollop of sour cream and a grilled cheese sandwich....super yum and almost no effort except chopping the onion.

Quote Originally Posted by mira View Post
    Baked potatoes with baked beans and cheese and some leafy salad on the side. Running low on food and I couldn't be bothered going shopping!
    I love to top baked potatoes with leftover beans or lentils or chili, toss on some cheese, some salsa, and maybe a sprinkling of fried onions. Heaven was never so easy.

Well, I've been sitting here thinking about what's in the fridge that needs used up. Have some leftover layered bean dip plate (which itself was made with the bottom of a leftover pot of beans, layered with salsa, shredded cheese, peppers and green onions); and 1/2 pack of small tortillas; and 1/3 lb. breakfast sausage; and we're always stocked with eggs from the henhouse. So: mini breakfast burritos, and I think I'll chill a can of peaches or applesauce to go with 'em.

Thread Information