Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that is that...

MamaM

Well that is that...

I returned to work yesterday. I have been out for 6 weeks due to a complicate surgery. I was only supposed to be gone for 7 days but when the doc got in there, he realized there was a lot more going on.

Within 15 minutes of arriving, I walk into MY office and all my stuff, including my personal items, were shoved into a cubby above my desk ,including my son's picture, my own mousepad, my glasses and some paperwork I left out and in order for my return. It looked like a tornado had gone off. Well, lady who was using my office (unbeknownst to me, I was told by HR NOT TO check my email at all at home, they could fire me for "working" when I was supposed to be a home on medical time) stormed in, said "Hey' and packed up her stuff and left. I did offer to help but she refused. Then I had to go see my boss, to catch up, or so I thought.

First 2 minutes, nice conversational chat, next 1.5 hours- had my arse chewed. I will spare details but I will say this, when I left back in December, I thought everything was in a good place. By the time I came back, I had a laundry list of things I have been doing that are not sitting well with other. Let me state in all my orevious 7 months, I never had a bad review. I had a 90 review with items to work on and I did, fixing them quickly. Now, all of the sudden, I am a bad director, bad worker, etc. Can you say horst poop????

1st- this all came up while I was gone, so I wasn't even there to defend myself and they found me tried me, found me guility and hung me without my presense. 2nd- I came into work not knowing was had been going on, my direct report supervisor is nowhere to be found and no on seems to know what is going on. I come into my office, that is a mess, my personal things moved around and my laptop GONE and I am not supposed to be upset? I am not in some little cubicle, I am a Director of a large department. Feel totally disrespected and that I am being thrown under the bus for some sacrifical reason. And I am not the only good person it happened too this past month. Another manager- great gal, resigned too. And they lost 8 more good nurses. So after some ugly crying, I realize it's not me but boy, this is how you treat people?

So..Monday I resign. I will find another job. Always have always will. My health is WAY more important then doing this job. I am very frugal and we will be ok. There is a second part to this that I will tell y'all later.I have to get to "work " now. HAHAHAHA

Wishing you the best in your job search!

Wow. Good luck with your search.

MamaM
    Thanks.

Good for you. You seem to be in a good emotional place right now. Realizing it is due to others and articulating the facts is a good thing to be able to do. Sounds like the hospital is going under.

MamaM
    Sweetana- I think so. I called it 5 months ago. The CEO is disengaged, the hard workers are all leaving and they are keeping everything hush hush. They are getting some new competition and I think they think loyalty is going to keep those doors open. They lost several key leadership members and are acting like it's not their fault. My question would be how did we as an organization fail YOU??? If you keep getting the same feedback and do nothing to change it, well then you deserve to sink. The fact that I was gone 6 weeks and now I am a bad worker sounds fishy to me but they will never replace me. It took them months to get me (I didn't know how long they had been searching, they lied to me) and they have had several key positions open now for 6 months. In healthcare and the economy as it is, these should be filled right up.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations and mistreatment. I left a job two months ago in which I felt much of the same. I worked part time until Tuesday when the new FANTASTIC company hired me on full time! I couldn't be happier with the scary decision of leaving the previous employer. Here's to you and your new job which is just right around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaM View Post
    The fact that I was gone 6 weeks and now I am a bad worker sounds fishy to me but they will never replace me. It took them months to get me (I didn't know how long they had been searching, they lied to me) and they have had several key positions open now for 6 months. In healthcare and the economy as it is, these should be filled right up.
    Yeah, something sounds really fishy here. It may be better to jump off the sinking ship before you hit the water. And don't be surprised if your current employer's reputation is more widely known than you think. I'm guessing other local health-care employers have gotten wind of it from the revolving door in HR. Good for you in not standing for being treated like cr@p. And all the best in finding a better position!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hoping this opens some great windows for you!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What an experience but sometimes going through these helps sort out one's priorities as you have mentioned.

Thread Information