Thread: Question about that cruise ship without power

Question about that cruise ship without power

I'm just curious.....supposedly people are standing in line for 4 hours to get a piece of bread and a thin slice of tomato.
    If we can drop food to people in foreign countries, why couldn't we drop food to these people?

MamaM
    Why can't they do ANYTHING for these people? That is my question. Yes, the Coast Guard/Navy could do sea lift drops. We did it for the people who we ran into in the Persian Gulf, who were starving.

MamaM

They did do airlifts of food and supplies but couldn't take people off (over 4,000) because I believe they had to go thru customs. And towing something that big is a nightmare and takes time. But it looks like they all gvot off safe and sound (more or less :-)!) and will probably never cruise again. I personally would not be fond of a cruise as a vacation, not my thing, but I can see how it would be a nice experience for others if all went well. Of course if there was ever a fire in an engine room, I'd rather be on a ship then a plane :-)!

At least it sounds like the staff was extremely helpful and of good spirits, taking care of everyone. That's good to hear.
    Some people slept in their life jackets. The ship was severely listing back and forth.
    I agree Spartana.......I'd rather be on a ship than a plane, when a fire breaks out in an engine!

Thread Information