Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Love Pinterest!

Gotta Love Pinterest!

I confess! I'm totally addicted to pinterest! Most of the stuff I find and re-pin are in the gardening, recipes or DIY categories.

I was just thinking that I'd be interested in following some of the like-minded people here on the forum.

Hopefully, this is allowed. Those of you who use Pinterest, I'd love to see your boards - post your pinterest profile here and let's all get pinning! I'll start.

http://pinterest.com/mgcrouse
    Lurker/poster formerly known as squeak

I should try to remember my pinterest password.....
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I don't use it much at all (I'm on Facebook much more) but I like the visual aspects of Pinterest. I may start using it again. http://pinterest.com/jackieskoch/

I used to come to the Simple Living Network forums many years ago, with the username sistersue57. Kind of good to be back.

Mrs-M
    I've been thinking of creating a Pinterest profile for the longest time now, but just haven't got around to it.

Can you tell me more about it? Is it just about posting pictures and then commenting on?

I spend too much time on-line as it is. If I got into Pinterest, I'd have to give up sleep or something else...

Mrs-M
    Originally posted by Jasuko.
    I used to come to the Simple Living Network forums many years ago, with the username sistersue57.
    Oh, wow! So happy to see you back! Now that you're back, I hope you stay for a really, really, really long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    Oh, wow! So happy to see you back! Now that you're back, I hope you stay for a really, really, really long time!
    Thanks Mrs-M! I've recently remembered some very important things about myself, which drew me here.

(I'm so used to being on Facebook that I wanted to "like" your post. Ha.)
    Formerly known as sistersue57, back in the olden days on Simple Living Network forums.

Hey there sistersue Simplicity! Welcome back.

I also love pinning - here's are my Boards.

Mrs. M - Pinterest can be used a lot of ways. Whenever you see a picture you like, you can quickly pin it (it's easy to add a Pin It button to your browser.) You can create Idea/Vision boards (for example, if you're wanting to buiild a tiny home, you could have a board all about that.) I also use it as a way to quickly bookmark interesting pages. The pictures retain a link to the site where you got the picture; just double click on it and it will take you there. You can also upload your own photos/artwork/pdf images.

I see a lot people using it for garden ideas, wedding planning, redecorating, travel photos, wish lists, knitting patterns, re-use ideas - lots of simple living inspiration there! It's searchable - try "clothelines" and see what you get!

I don't use any of the social features, where you share with friends and stuff, just for my own interests. It's a fun way to spend time when it's really slow at work - I can see that it could develop into a huge time suck if you did it at home a lot.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

I love Pinterest. Love love love. I've found so many neat things on there. Here's my Pinterest page: http://pinterest.com/jmaxley/

Thread Information