Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Challenge?

MamaM
    Today was all bets were off because it was the first day I have been off work, as in home and no job, in 20 years. Yes- I celebrate with a small white hot chocolate and a nice muffin. There..sue me. : ) Will get back on track tomorrow.

No suing allowed, MamaM.

My hope is that this can be a safe thread full of support and inspiration, like so many of our other threads are here on the boards.

Hope you enjoyed your day off!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Was on the fence yesterday, but decided this morning (after weighing myself!) that I will join all of you. I've got 9 pounds to lose.

I need to stop eating ice cream, gelato, or sorbet every day. Once or twice a week is okay. Every single day is *not* okay.
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Monday: lots of rain, busy day, no exercise.
    Hope I do better today - goals: short walk, 5 minutes with the weights with my son, drink water and make some better food choices.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

rodeosweetheart

Unhappy

Okay, I'm officially in. I weighed myself, and gulp, it is actually worse than I thought and I need to lose 66 pounds. I have no idea how I will do this--I have a very sedentary desk job and have been thinking of getting a desk treadmill. I did Jenny Craig a couple of years ago and it was ridiculously expensive, and the food seemed unheallthy. Of course, that was 21 pounds ago, and being this fat is a lot unhealthier than eating some bad food for a few months.

I know that the steroids and the steroid inhaler has something to do with this weight gain, but there is nothing I can do about that now.

Man, I am depressed.

Okay--official weigh in Week 1-- 66 pounds to go.

MamaM
    Ok. So I weighed myself and to be comfortable, I need to lose between 65-75 lbs. I am trying not to focus on a number but overall health.

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaM View Post
    Ok. So I weighed myself and to be comfortable, I need to lose between 65-75 lbs. I am trying not to focus on a number but overall health.
    Me, too, MamaM--I want to be healthy, and I do not want to develop diabetes, and I need to do this now.
    And thanks for posting a number that is near my number--I feel I am in good company. We can support each other.

Hi, All.

I actually started on Feb. 15th. Again. I have been off and on a primal type of diet for almost a year; off gluten and dairy for almost 2 years. On January 7th, I started three weeks of eating a particular way. I lost three pounds but then had three weeks of ridiculous eating and gained some back. This is the same five pounds that I've taken off and re-gained several times in the last year. Anyway, I am using my pre-January weight to say that I want to lose 17 pounds before a June wedding. I usually don't like to use dates like this but it seems okay for some reason right now.

So I have added yoga and pilates, and this week started back running (which means, to be brutally honest, one minute jog to two minute walk on the treadmill for 25-30 minutes, and I found THAT hard). I signed up for a 5K in May, which I do every year but every year getting back into running is HARD. I don't know why I stop.

So far I am down that blasted five pounds, almost. I need to stop obsessing about the weight though and focus on feeling better in my clothes and stronger as I continue to work out.

I am glad you guys are here. I have been hanging out with some folks in another forum and I think they might (through no fault of theirs) feed my obsessive side.

Leslie

rodeosweetheart
    Leslie, when I used to be gluten free I was much thinner. Did you find going gluten free made you lose weight?

Physiology is a formidable force. If your body wants to maintain a certain weight, it has all kinds of tricks--like an appetite for "ridiculous eating"*--to achieve its end. Learning to work with--instead of against--nature here is the key. I've spent all my adulthood figuring that out. Call me a slow learner.

*Insulin output

Thread Information