Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Weight Loss Challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    Tiam, doing it 'right' depends on your goal. My goal is not to follow 'low-carb' rules, but to eat an unprocessed diet that is low on the food chain.
    Well, what I meant was that I must not be doing it "right" because I am starving when I don't eat carbs as opposed to feeling my appetite diminish as Jane pointed out.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Last night I was browsing through an old Natural Health book by Dr. Andrew Weil. What popped out at me was a passage that said (paraphrasing) that there is no ONE diet that is right for everyone. Each of us has our own unique biochemistry that responds best to a different diet. And our nutritional/diet needs can change with age, immune system, allergies, hormones, etc.

Me, I find a lower carb (white carbs) but high vegetable carb and a higher fat consumption keeps my energy, lipid profile and hunger within reasonable bounds. I'm hyper-sensitive to additives and mostly cook everything from scratch and eat whole foods, limited meat.

For others...you may have a different food profile and sensitivities.

Some of us process carbs very efficiently--others not. Some have gluten sensitivities, others not. My husband can drink a cup of coffee right before bedtime and sleep jut fine. Me? I'm up all night. Sugar makes me nervous.

Our diets are extremely personal...find one that works best for YOU...and stick to it. It's such a puzzle and trial and error, but well worth it when the right way of eating clicks.
    Author of the green eco-thriller: Falling Through Time http://fallingthroughtime.com Editor of http://vibrantvillage.com

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    Last night I was browsing through an old Natural Health book by Dr. Andrew Weil. What popped out at me was a passage that said (paraphrasing) that there is no ONE diet that is right for everyone. Each of us has our own unique biochemistry that responds best to a different diet. And our nutritional/diet needs can change with age, immune system, allergies, hormones, etc.

Me, I find a lower carb (white carbs) but high vegetable carb and a higher fat consumption keeps my energy, lipid profile and hunger within reasonable bounds. I'm hyper-sensitive to additives and mostly cook everything from scratch and eat whole foods, limited meat.

For others...you may have a different food profile and sensitivities.

Some of us process carbs very efficiently--others not. Some have gluten sensitivities, others not. My husband can drink a cup of coffee right before bedtime and sleep jut fine. Me? I'm up all night. Sugar makes me nervous.

Our diets are extremely personal...find one that works best for YOU...and stick to it. It's such a puzzle and trial and error, but well worth it when the right way of eating clicks.

I appreciate this input. I'm still just giving it a try. Not being overly hyper vigilant, but for the last 3 days I've avoided all grains either in grain form, pasta or bread. Just vegetables, some meat, cheese and vegetables. Since I'm not being exact I don't know how good it is. But sticking to steamed broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, mushrooms, cucumbers, peppers. I have no idea if this will make a difference or not. I'm not trying to really "diet" as much as make a change and observe the results. The smoke cleared today, so I was able to ride my bike and look for urban geocaches, so I got some exercise in also.

Thread Information