Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: March 2013 Cook at Home

Sunday: spaghetti w/meatballs (using up the last of my large batch of frozen meatballs - need to made another batch) and garlic toast. Monday: bbq pork ribs (leftovers in the freezer) w/squash medley. Tuesday: tacos. Wednesday: lunch out while doing the shopping. Thursday (today): bacon/pork and mexican rice chili burritos (mine own concoction to use up the small container of leftover chili in the freezer and the few slices of bacon that needs used and there was no ground beef in the freezer, only ground pork. guess we'll see.....) w/little relish plate. Friday: fish sandwiches and fried okra. Need to work on finishing up the garden okra from last year still in the freezer.

Last night: nachos made with homemade vegetarian chili with leftover chili for lunch today

Tonight: red pepper and onion frittata and there should be enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow

I've decided to make oatmeal with raisins my go-to breakfast for the time being. When I measured out all the ingredients and calculated the cost it came to ~$1.00, which is probably one of the cheapest meals we eat around here (we tend to eat mostly organic stuff and gluten-free, so those two factors drive up the cost). A rough estimate on the cost per serving for the fritatta is about $2.00. I don't even want to start calculating the cost of making nachos....cheese is my weakness and it can drive the cost per serving up very quickly!

But, on the bright side, this is still far less expensive (and far better for our health) than eating out!!!
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Friday dinner: chana dal with napa cabbage, salad
    Saturday: chicken sausage, steamed broccoli/carrots, sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms
    Tonight: probably the rest of the chicken sausage with roasted cauliflower. Maybe just salad. It will depend on how we feel by evening. We have a big meal mid-day at church, but that's unpredictable in content.

Thread Information