Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: March Decluttering

First time ever - I bought pajamas! In prep for my surgery recovery time. So, I guess I cluttered today.

Good job, Redfox. I rarely buy my own PJs, usually getting DH's hand me downs, but I always love MY PJs best, and you deserve the best pampering going into your surgery. So good for you!!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    First time ever - I bought pajamas! In prep for my surgery recovery time. So, I guess I cluttered today.

If you use them, they are not clutter.
    author of A Holy Errand

Deleted 500+ emails from my personal email in-box. I'm determined to un-subscribe from a bunch this weekend, otherwise it's going to get overrun again.

Go Lainey! Digital clutter is hard. I am thinking about culling as well.

Here at our house we got rid of a ladder, but replaced it with a better ladder. So not much, then!! I am starting to do some more errands around the house and clear them up, so that's good.
    Kelli

Nice job, Lainey! I recently decluttered a bunch of photos off my online albums, and that was very freeing. Killed a bunch of emails, too.

Well it is almost the end of the month and I have some free time. So I decided to check out my clothes closet. I tried on everything questionable and have about 5 or 6 things that are going out the door. I have an angora cardigan I probably wore once, a shell that never fit (got at garage sale), several Tshirts and one shirt that is one size too small. Mom might be able to wear the cardigan so I am going to check with her but otherwise out the door.

Next are the boxes of unknown stuff on top of the shelf. If I have not needed the things in 5 years, why should I still be storing them? Next step.

Oh, the dust. I may have to wait till sneezing stops.

I've been taking another round through all our cabinets and closets in the past 2 weeks. We gave some higher-value items to our church auction. I took two big bags of stuff to Goodwill last week. I gave a bag of outgrown kids' clothing to a friend. Just got a notice about a cat shelter's annual yard sale collection today so will collect things to take there over the next 2 weeks.

I decluttered some of my fabric and yarn stash. This was a big step, realizing that I don't have to make things with the items I don't really like, just to 'use them up.' The fabrics will be a great find for a quilter.

Wasn't sure if I should post this in decluttering or in frugals, because it is kind of a mix, but I decided it is more of a mental declutter so here seems more appropriate. I have been on an errand bender since about Thursday - using up good coupons at special stops, batching errands, rotating tires on both cars (free where we bought the tires), car wash for my car, that kind of stuff. I am usually terrible about putting these things off where my DH is not and then he will keep. talking. about. it. He sees this as "reminding himself" and I see this as nagging. So it feels good.

Physical decluttering - dropped a bag at ArtScraps, and bought nothing there to replace what I dropped.
    Kelli

Thread Information