Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do One Thing Thursday

I will be coloring my hair and doing my nails at home tonight (Thursday), and getting my hair cut tomorrow! LOOOOONG overdue!

When I get home today, I will wake up my cold, neglected, sleepy sourdough starter and feed it, in preparation for making my leaven Saturday night and baking Sunday.

Kara

My DOTT was a "Re-DOTT" -- removing even more of that mulberry tree I pulled out a week or two ago and -- oops -- one sucker from the lilac I want to keep. I have no good idea how the two plants managed to co-locate themselves so precisely. I know I haven't removed the mulberry at the roots, but I am hopeful it will take a while to re-establish itself. First non-wet day here in what feels like ages.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

It was actually Do One Thing Friday this week, but I booked a plane ticket for a family vacation this summer. It required a lot of coordination with other family members so I had been stalling for way too long, but it's done!

A little late, but I cleaned and sealed the tile surround in the bath and scraped out all the nasty old caulk and put in new - looks very nice.

I think I will get a new (non-wobbly) toilet seat to reward myself

It was a busy Thursday so this week's were tiny...I figured out how to use the "Anonymous Call Block" on my phone to screen a particularly pesky phone scammer, and I checked to make sure that two doctors I got referrals to took my insurance.

I sort of took the summer off from catching up on pesky chores, but I am back at it (even if reporting late). This week I rescheduled a doctor's appointment due to a meeting my boss scheduled on top of it.

Thread Information