Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: after the foreclosure, pretty much my life is still ruined

after the foreclosure, pretty much my life is still ruined

There is apparently someone trying to serve me with papers. They served my ex-husband as well since he was on the mortgage. It is for the 2nd mortgage on the house I lost. When I lost it it was worth $100,000 less than what we paid and another effect of the economy was not being able to use mymasters to really get a job in a living wage range. I worked 2 jobs for 5 years to survive and keep subbing in order to get a teaching job. I lost so much of my childrern's lives during that time. I never declared bankruptcy during this time because I worked really hard. I paid off all my taxes last year as well and I earn under $30K. I knew about the 2nd being an issue, but I just lost track of it all during the foreclosure and trying to keep a roof over our heads and all the basic bills paid.

In any case I have next week off for spring break, I worked 50 hours last week and I am still a littel behind on work. . I am going to take some time off this week because I cannot handle this hanging over my head. I want to be totally 100% out of debt! I was getting pretty close too. I think there are ways to work this out, a friend in the mortgage industry has told me that and I just need to start by calling.

To brighter days! 3/20 is the vernal equinox.

Okay, not sure exactly what that is but I will look it up. I am hoping this is just the last thing of my previous experience and I can finally move on (meaning get on with a living wage and some ease in life).

Zoe Girl, thanks for telling us--we are friends who care about you and want to hear how all this goes. Plus we owe you plenty for the help you give us.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Oh mannnn, I just hate it that this thing you thought was all done and behind you is back and biting at your heals. Don't let it get you down, just deal with it. We're going thru a re-fi and suddenly there's no paperwork on a 2nd mortgage from 3 loans ago and that bank doesn't exist anymore and I'm just putting my hands in the air and turning it over to the title company (which took over for the one that doesn't exist anymore) deal with it.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thank you, I am going to handle it. I am glad I have some value here. I feel like life is pretty hard and I should be able to handle this without always needing to talk about it.

If it helps to talk, then you should talk! This is such a huge load to carry. Hope that things are soon looking up for you.

+1
    That's what we're here for! Sending big hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    If it helps to talk, then you should talk! This is such a huge load to carry. Hope that things are soon looking up for you.

You will get through this! Sending hugs your way!

Okay I talked to them. I think I recall sending a cease and desist a long time ago so they could not call or send me a letter. I guess I couldn't fathom that I owed money on such a huge loss to me and my family. So it sounds like my piddly offer on $100 a month forever is not gonna fly. However my ex is on the loan and he owns 2 houses. I think he is pretty pissed off, I guess I would be, and I am dependent on child support. He is giving me more than what he is required to right now so the money I count on could be lowered quite a bit and he would be within his rights. I am going to take a lot out of my emergency fund and pay off my last credit card and all the dental bills even those are zero percent so that they cannot take my savings account. Scares the crap outa me, what if my ex bounces another check, what if he gets pissed and doesn't pay child support, I think if I make payments hopefully I can keep some emergency fund.

I just very much need to earn more money! I have been trying so hard, I wrote in the jobs area that the applying for teaching jobs is a huge mess because of paperwork that they keep changing and increasing without informing people who apply on a regular basis. I am just in general very very angry. I lost everything financially and my kids tend to be pissed off over things like not buying enough beef, geez. My youngest is pretty cool right now but I get so much negative all the time from everywhere. I got all my old taxes taken care of, almost all the dental work paid off, paid 2 months of rent for my oldest when she had the baby she gave up for adoption and really all I want is to have people be kinda nice and give me a chance to earn a decent living.

Thread Information