Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many hours a week do you want to work...

zero!! I would rather do some volunteer work (if it isn't too heavily scheduled and is very flexible) but otherwise I would prefer to remain "work-free" as I am now. But like many other people who quit work early, I am way more busy now then ever before - it's just that I get be busy doing things I love rarther than earning a paycheck - which, in my case, wasn't something that co- insided with each other (nothing I loved to do paid me any money).

They say "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." I like my job, but don't love it.
    So my answer is:

15 max doing what I do now.

I work 20 hrs now...it is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I believe I could happily do 30 hours a week with little complaint *IF* I also had almost no commute and thus was not also wasting hours in traffic in addition to working.
    +1 Commuting seems like a waste to me.

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post
    +1 Commuting seems like a waste to me.
    I remember when I first read YMOYL and it talked about your "real hourly wage" and included things like commute time, fuel and car maintenance costs, and a ton of other work-related expenses and time constraints into the equation. It was very eye-opening for me as I had never considered all that as part of my "work time" or how much my income/hour was reduced when I took those things into consideration.

Maybe between 20 and 25.

My DH's new part-time hospital transport job is Sat & Sun, 10 - 3. I think that a Mon - Fri, 10 -3 schedule would be perfect, and something I would be willing to do until I keeled over. His commute is only 30 minutes each way which makes me think that a part-time gig at a local hospital might someday be part of a good transition plan for me, if I could make it work financially.

Thread Information