Thread: Onion article on following your dream

Onion article on following your dream

The curmudgeon in me found this hilarious: http://www.theonion.com/articles/fin...then-do,31742/

"I have always been a big proponent of following your heart and doing exactly what you want to do. It sounds so simple, right? But there are people who spend years—decades, even—trying to find a true sense of purpose for themselves. My advice? Just find the thing you enjoy doing more than anything else, your one true passion, and do it for the rest of your life on nights and weekends when you’re exhausted and cranky and just want to go to bed."

I remember when they did a piece on the Harry Potter books. The photo was of a group of children, wearing a pointed hats. The piece was about how children were reading the books and being drawn to satanism. I thought at the time that it would not be the first time that someone who did not know what the Onion was, would likely get all riled up about it.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

I loved "The Onion" 's article on following your dreams in the "extra" twenty minutes you have in your life each evening! SO true!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Thread Information