Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: whatever happened with Westboro Baptist Church

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Yeah I love the reaction they get. A great way to protest against them and make a statement of solidarity. But I'm still confused. I don't really understand their rationale between applauding the deaths of soldiers with a "God-is-pissed-off-at-gay-people-and-is-punishing-straight-soldiers-for-it-and-we're-happy-they-died" anti-gay statement. I don't see logical connection.
    It's all about publicity and being offensive and saying offensive things. This nets them publicity and even money. One of their tactics is to file lawsuits like this one: http://www.ydr.com/local/ci_14780513 (This story first appeared online on March 29, 2010. Spring Garden resident Albert Snyder got a bill for $16,500 on Friday -- the latest result of his ongoing legal battle with the Westboro Baptist Church.
    Church members are seeking to recoup costs from federal appeals court, which dismissed Snyder's lawsuit against them. Snyder's lawyer, Sean Summers, said the court declared last week that Snyder was responsible for the costs, which were for copying and processing fees.)

Here is a link with more about how they operate: http://kanewj.com/wbc/

"Fred Phelps does not believe what he is doing. This is a scam.
    It's a business. They travel the country, set up websites telling you exactly when they'll be there, and using the most inflammatory statements all over the place, just to get someone to violate their rights for profit. Then they sue the military, the police force that was to protect them, and everyone that is around them for money. This is a sham, and it is a trap to get people sued. Every member of his family is an attorney. Phelps does not break the law. What he does is try to make you break the law by trying to punch your sensibilities about everything you hold dear, and then sue you and everyone municipality around him to the max.
    This is a scam.
    Whether he believes his posters or not is irrelevant.
    He's using this as a moneymaking scheme.
    Lay one finger on him, do one thing that violates him, and he will sue you, and more importantly, the city, the police department, the US Military, and any private property owner he happens to be standing on to make money off of it."

This explains a lot about them.
    BayouGirl
    For more of my thoughts on my simple life, check out http://michellerobert.hubpages.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BayouGirl View Post
    It's all about publicity and being offensive and saying offensive things. This nets them publicity and even money. ....
    And people keep falling for it. Silly.

Thread Information