Thread: Strangers in Good Company?

Strangers in Good Company?

I happened upon the review of this film, while searching for something else. Its supposedly about several older women who get stranded on a broken down bus for awhile. It has alot of great reviews. Unfortunately, I think its only on VHS.
    Have any of you ever seen this?

I've seen this and liked it. It is as you say, a group of older women who are stranded for several days. The movie has almost no action, it is basically about the conversations the women have with each other and you get to find out about their lives as the various women have conversations with each other. Don't get it if you need action and don't like "talky" movies. It is just a gentle, quiet picture of these women and their lives. I believe none of the women were actresses before this movie and I think a lot of the movie was unscripted and the women really were talking about their themselves. I have recommended this movie in the past to people, but I don't know of anyone who ever went out and watched it after my recommendation. If you are a member of Netflix I see it is available there so it is available somehow on DVD.

Thanks dreamer,
    I seem to like the slow movies. I think its because of my ADD. haha I guess I like what you'd call "Slice of Life" movies. Lots of people find them too slow and boring, but I really take them in and enjoy them.

Have you seen "My Dinner with Andre" ? It is almost entirely a conversation between Wallace Shawn and Andre Gregory. It is one of my favorite movies ever.

Thread Information