Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April Decluttering!

I sorted through the picture frames and found several to get rid of. I finally took everything to Goodwill today. Except I forgot the picture frames were in the back seat while everything else was in the trunk! I work 1/2 a block away from a Goodwill so I can just drop those off on my way home one day.

It's getting time for me to do an electronic declutter, mostly of my main e-mail inbox. I love the feeling of inbox zero and it should be pretty easy since mostly I have followed GTD with my e-mails and acted on them right away.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Thanks for posting! I need a nudge to get going again. Managed to get rid of a garbage bag full of moldy books found on a shelf in Mom's basement. Almost glad she stored them in damp location or I would have been sorely tempted to keep some.

Nothing much happening on the home front. I'd better get going since the month is almost over.

I haven't been keeping track too well this month, but I decluttered about a zillion coupons and went through a lot of digital clutter. Let go of unflattering pictures, old college papers, junk email, etc. We purged some stuff from the kitchen, too--some mugs and a spice rack--and we tossed some stuff from the basement that was damaged when it flooded (only minor flooding, though, thank goodness--nothing important was lost and no real damage). Let go of some old pillows and have been trying to be intentional about using up things we have.

My incredibly talented cousin gave me one of her pottery creations this weekend. I love it and looking at it inspired me to get rid of and put away those things that I do not love but are in my house because someone gave them to me or I acquired them at a different stage of life. I put some things in the crawlspace for now, and amassed a large pile for the cat shelter's yard sale. Next up: clothing.

DH took almost the last of the items in to work with him today. Just two barbells left to go in . . . yikes!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

I decluttered an upright freezer. I decided to get rid of it instead of repairing it. My repairman came and carted it away to use it for parts. On Sunday I got rid of more kitchen stuff. Extra serving spoons and some other utensils.

Well a new month starts tomorrow and so that will be a very good time to start on the de-cluttering - well that's the theory anyway!

I had a HUGE amount of post delivered last Thursday after our 10 weeks awa. As of today it has been sorted into re-cycle papers etc., file, deal with/answer/then file. This morning the deal with/answer/file list stood at 11 items. This afternoon it is down to 6.

Wish me luck.................

I threw out about 15 plastic tops to food containers this morning. I was livid that I could not find one freakin' lid that fit! So I stopped what I was doing and matched up a lid with a bottom and threw all the rest of the lids out.

Our neighborhood's Park Conservancy is having another sale in June and I want to give them a few sorta nice things. ALl of the nicer items have gone in the past couple of years that I've been decluttering. So I picked up a piece of art and was just about to put it in the donation box and instead tried it on a place on the wall. It looked nice. But I no longer love it. Yet, I do like it. What a dilemma...

Thread Information