Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoof of Healthy Eating

Spoof of Healthy Eating

I don't know which part was funnier--the original article or the oh-so-predictable comments:
    http://www.nwedible.com/2012/08/trag...thy-eater.html

"Healthy eating is getting pretty complicated and conflicted at this point but at least everyone agrees you should eat a lot of raw vegetables.

Soon you learn that even vegetables are trying to kill you. Many are completely out unless they are pre-fermented with live cultures in a specialized $79 imported pickling crock. Legumes and nightshades absolutely cause problems. Even fermentation can’t make those healthy."

Boy don't it just seem that way sometime? You can't eat anything anymore. There's always somebody telling you how bad it is for you.

Hits the nail on the head - trying to eat "right" has become rather comic. I think two things are at fault for all this food anxiety - the internet and abundance. We have so many choices now on what to eat and we are bombarded with information. We forget that much of the world has nothing to eat and would be happy for the stuff we turn our noses up at.

Yep. She's got it right. I don't know what to eat anymore.

I like the Ominivore' Dilemma approach. Eat 'real' food, not too much and mostly plants. If you can garden, it helps immensely on this diet. Simple and sweet.

I don't buy much that is not in season locally except apples, bananas and oranges in winter. We have good local greenhouse operations run by families for lettuce, peppers and tomatoes and family-run butcher shops selling locally grown meat but I eat just a little of that.

I like Dr. Terry Wahls' approach--especially for people with health challenges: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

But in the end, I believe in the "whatever works for you" approach.

I was eating so cleanly, until I remembered my pica period. So, I added organic soil.

Now I am Pentalagus furnessi Paleo.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

I like the Ominivore' Dilemma approach. Eat 'real' food, not too much and mostly plants.
    I believe in eating real food. In the modern U.S. this will make you seem "orthorexic" just becaue the food is so adulterated (in fact not food at all). In any other period of human history you would have been normal and in many other cultures the diet is still more in line with real food. In other words: I'm not crazy, America is.

Mostly plants? I don't know. I do like veggies. Not to much? Ideally, yes, but it's hard to define too much, especially as people have been made crazy by the weight loss industry (i.e. if you're going chronically hungry just to maintain some "ideal weight" you may be taking it too far).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    I was eating so cleanly, until I remembered my pica period. So, I added organic soil.

Now I am Pentalagus furnessi Paleo.
    Giving new meaning to "picaresque!" I think eating dirt is trending, especially diatomaceous earth.

Step one: peel banana. Step two: eat banana. And if that's too complex you can eliminate step one and just eat an apple instead - not too complex :-)!

Thread Information