Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in miracles?

No I don't believe in miracles (at least in the common definition of an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws and considered to be somehow divine). But I'm thrilled beyond measure that you had that experience that gave you comfort and joy.

I think Iris Lilies said it well.

I think it's a shame to cut ourselves off from the possibility of miracles. I agree with citrine: aren't we living a miracle right now?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Thank you for letting me share and I ask... do you believe in miracles?
    I do.

For you.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

I will admit that I was quite nervous about posting something so personal. Thank you so much for all the responses, perspectives, and kind words. As for "miracles" - such an interesting, personal, subjective phenomena.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

There's a theory that we create our own reality, so maybe some of us live in a more mechanistic, predictable dimension than others of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There's a theory that we create our own reality, so maybe some of us live in a more mechanistic, predictable dimension than others of us do.
    I slightly into the aspie scale, as I am learning. I take things way too literally. DH--same thing. The spiritual realm isn't our thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I slightly into the aspie scale, as I am learning. I take things way too literally. DH--same thing. The spiritual realm isn't our thing.
    Only slightly? Then I have you beat. I scored 34 on an on-line test that noted "Scores over 32 are generally taken to indicate Asperger's disease or high-functioning Autism, with more than 34 an extreme score." Just call me Spock. I don't buy it; I can be as fanciful as anyone (I have Bigfoot on speed dial) and I have no trouble reading social cues. If I hadn't been skeptical of putting labels on people for stepping outside whatever the hell "normal" is before the test, I certainly am now.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Only slightly? Then I have you beat. I scored 34 on an on-line test that noted "Scores over 32 are generally taken to indicate Asperger's disease or high-functioning Autism, with more than 34 an extreme score." Just call me Spock. I don't buy it; I can be as fanciful as anyone (I have Bigfoot on speed dial) and I have no trouble reading social cues. If I hadn't been skeptical of putting labels on people for stepping outside whatever the hell "normal" is before the test, I certainly am now.
    haha I haven't actually taken a test, I just am watching my aging self become more literal. I have to slap myself out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    haha I haven't actually taken a test, I just am watching my aging self become more literal. I have to slap myself out of that.
    Come sit over here by me and let's wait for the mother ship.

Thread Information