Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thaw

Thaw

I have been sitting out in a patio chair, soaking up sunshine. I estimate the temperature to be 64 degrees where I sit. On either side of me are mounds of snow, fast melting, with an audible trick-trickle. I also hear woodpeckers pecking, and cardinals staking out territory. This is the Thaw in the Northern Highlands of Wisconsin. Little icicles fall from the pines and cedars. The bent-over cedars will eventually lose their loads and be righted. Junipers will be uncovered. The Flambeau and the Wisconsin and other mighty rivers are rushing now. Full flood of spring.

Sounds delightful! I'm by the fire, listening to the new Bowie album & watching the Seattle spring drizzle... Probably mid 60's here too.

There is no laughter like that which rings when the sun warms the old skin... after six months without it.

Happy Sunshine to you!

Sounds lovely! We had snow and then thaws all winter so miss that drip and trickle sound when the snow has had a chance to build up.

Really, over 60 in WI today? Sigh. Next door here in MN, it was at least sunny today, but I think the high temp was around 30.

Rosemary:
    To clarify, I was sitting in direct sunlight on a wide asphalt driveway with a garage door to my back. So I was in a micro-climate. I would be surprised if the recorded temperature was much above 40.

It was in the 60s here! Supposed to in either the 30s or 40s tomorrow, depending on which site you look at. The tulips look pretty sad, and the hyacinths (which bloomed before the 1.5 ft of snow last week) are just pathetic. But the grass is *green*, more probably than it has been in a year!

We've had some weather that has been climbing up toward the 60's and we have daffodils, hycinath, and forsythia. This week the forcast is all in the 60's and cold nights. My favorite kind of weather...

We've been pretty chilly here in my area. We actually had about a half inch of snow yesterday morning. I was shocked when I went out to my car early in the morning and found it covered in snow!

Thread Information