Thread: I just got 10 bras in the mail today

I just got 10 bras in the mail today

When I googled that phrase, the 2nd link was this: The seven booby traps in a badly fitting bra , which is an entertaining article about ill-fitting bras.

Why did I get 10 bras in the mail?

While decluttering my clothes, I realized i needed new socks, bras, underwear, and sweat pants. The trouble is, there's only been one bra that has ever fit me, and it was discontinued several years ago.

I googled the name of that bra, just out of a feeling of fond memories, and found some on EBAY An ebay seller must have bought close-outs when it was discontinued. I bought a package of two, and liked them.

I looked into my email order history from years gone by, and found that I had bought 1 bra per year approximately. These 2 new ones would only last me 2 years.

So bought the other 10!

Oh, do I feel a big feeling of relief!!!

Sometimes it's the small pleasures of life that bring us joy...finding a well fitting bra is one of them...finding 10 of them on ebay is pure bliss!

I love it when I find things on Amazon that I can't find elsewhere. Glad you found the perfect fit for you...

Thanks Valley and Tussiemussies, I also threw out 5 old ones when I knew I was getting the 10 . It's nice to have a drawer of non-tattered things now.

Mrs-M
    Good on you, Life_is_Simple! Proper/comfortable fitting bras (and panties) are a must!

That's great! I'm happy for you. I just found a skein of yarn on EBayfor the vest I'm knitting. The yarn had been discontinued. I was going to run short because the pattern has cables. It's such a relief to find what you need on line.

I get my bras at Costco. I think they're Maidenform. I really like them, too. I always buy the same ones.
    Last edited by awakenedsoul; 4-28-13 at 12:11pm.

A wise older relative of mine once counseled me that when you find something you love, buy multiples--advice that has served me well over the years.

My problem with bras and multiples is that I don't like ANY of them until I've had them a year or so... and by then I either have no idea what they are, or I can't find the style again...so mostly, I'm just uncomfortable, lol. Other than that, I do buy multiples, it's great advice and a great frugal strategy!

Thread Information