Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Financial Update, 1st Qtr 2013

Forum Financial Update, 1st Qtr 2013

I've delayed this report for a few weeks hoping to get better numbers after the NRM Board transitioned to a new Treasurer. In the financial report reported to the board at our quarterly meeting, SLF financials were not broken out of overall NRM financials. Rather than keep anyone guessing, I'll report what we know:

1st Qtr donations: $55
    Website Maintenance: $180 (this covers the cost of our website host's expertise in recovering from two malicious hacker attacks)
    Internet Hosting $105 (our hosting account's monthly expense is $35)

It doesn't cost very much to run a site such as ours as long as volunteers take care of the day-to-day issues and scheduled upgrades. Our annual hosting expense should be $420. If we want to add additonal features, such as blogging or a more feature laden version of the forum software, that would be extra. It is also essential that we have the funds available to recover from malicious attacks in a timely manner. Our hosting provider assists in that effort although at the cost of $90 per hour with a two hour minimum. Hopefully we'll never have to do that again, but we must be prepared.

If I were forecasting an annual budget for the site, I'd shoot for $750 to $1000 just to keep everything running and perhaps schedule an upgrade every few years.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for the reminder Alan. I have clicked the orange donate button for my contribution. It sounds like we just need 40 people to donate about $25 each to keep the site "in the black".

Last year I dontated $120. (I think...if I remember correctly.) I'll do that again. In thanks of the hard work of those who volunteer their time to run this place, and in gratitude to the members of this forum who contribute generous and caring knowledge.

I wish that I could help by donating. I just cannot. The donate button is right up there, on the top of every page and I notice it, and I think about how I have a responsibility to do my share.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    I wish that I could help by donating. I just cannot. The donate button is right up there, on the top of every page and I notice it, and I think about how I have a responsibility to do my share.
    When you can, you will donate if you are still hangin' out here, I am sure of it. You don't use up much bandwidth anyway.

Those of us who use the bandwidth need to contribute and not wiggle out of that! haha.

Thanks for the reminder. I never notice the donate button I'm always too quick to hit the 'what's new' button. I donated a little drop in the bucket - a few drops can make a puddle or even a lake.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks for the reminder. Will donate on payday (tomorrow!).

Made my donation! Thanks for the reminder.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I would and will contribute if I am able. I cannot do that in my daily life either, but I do have three volunteer jobs that total approximately fifteen hours each week. It is a way that I can make a contribution that is not money.

Glad to hear that I am not wasting bandwidth, though.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

I just donated something too. Good reminder, Alan.

Thread Information