Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Forum Financial Update, 1st Qtr 2013

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,660
    Alan, how do you donate when you use the site button? If I want to use PayPal is there anything I am supported to put in the comments? For some reason I remember this being an issue in the past...

    Thank you!

    Christine

  2. #12
    Low Tech grunt iris lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Alan, how do you donate when you use the site button? If I want to use PayPal is there anything I am supported to put in the comments? For some reason I remember this being an issue in the past...

    Thank you!

    Christine
    I just made a donation today with Paypal so this is fresh in my mind. There is a comment box that pops up right before you actually make a donation. In your comment say something like "for the SL forums."

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    I just made a donation today with Paypal so this is fresh in my mind. There is a comment box that pops up right before you actually make a donation. In your comment say something like "for the SL forums."

    Thanks iris!

  4. #14
    Senior Member SteveinMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,795
    I forgot to note the SLF part the first time I donated and "they" (someone at New Road Map) had to get back to me to verify what I meant to do. So, yeah, just toss in a note about Simple Living and that will work.
    If Americans expended even a fraction of the energy on civic engagement that we spend on consumer ideology, our democracy would be much healthier. Can you imagine people camping out to vote? -- Charles Roberts, Amherst, Mass., Nov. 25, 2006

  5. #15
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Alan, how do you donate when you use the site button? If I want to use PayPal is there anything I am supported to put in the comments? For some reason I remember this being an issue in the past...

    Thank you!

    Christine
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    ...There is a comment box that pops up right before you actually make a donation. In your comment say something like "for the SL forums."
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    So, yeah, just toss in a note about Simple Living and that will work.
    Yep....What they said.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  6. #16
    Mrs-M
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I forgot to note the SLF part the first time I donated and "they" (someone at New Road Map) had to get back to me to verify what I meant to do. So, yeah, just toss in a note about Simple Living and that will work.
    Not my experience. I made it perfectly clear as to where my monies were to go, yet when I received a thank you/confirmation letter back, it clearly stated that my donation went to the NRF.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,460
    Thanks for the reminder. You may want to post the address again for those of us who like to mail in donations.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    123
    Just for the record (but I'm sure you all already get this)... Of course the donations clearly go to New Road Map Foundation (NRM), as we host the site. Donations are directed toward whichever program of NRM is indicated, whether the Financial Integrity Program, or SLF. If no indication, we try to follow-up with anyone, if we can reach them via email, to get clarification. All Mrs-M's donations went toward SLF.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    123

    Address to mail in donations:

    Thanks for that suggestion (and the donation) Spartana!
    Address to mail in donations:
    New Road Map Foundation
    PO Box 1363
    Langley, WA 98260
    Checks are very welcome! (Though more labor-intensive on this end, but Paypal doesn't cut into the amount with their fees.)

  10. #20
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,585
    I just wrote a check and will get it into the mail this week. Makes sense to avoid the PayPal fees; thanks for the suggestion Rozie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •