Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May No-Spend Days

Question May No-Spend Days

I am challenging myself to 16 No-Spend days in May. Surely I can manage not to spend anything on 16 days of the month! We will see how much self-restraint I can show!

Anyone else want to join me?

Off to a good start.
    May 1 - $0 spent.

May 1 - no $ spent today but I am having the installation of the remaining windows that need to be replaced, very badly needed and expensive. I will save energy and increase the value of the house so not a totally negative result.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    May 1 - no $ spent today but I am having the installation of the remaining windows that need to be replaced, very badly needed and expensive. I will save energy and increase the value of the house so not a totally negative result.
    That's what I consider an investment!

So far I have 2 out of 3.

I am in for today.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

How are we defining no-spend days? I ask because to me it might be meaningful to track or challenge myself to days with no discretionary spending, but paying bills or paying the roofer who is working on our house, or even groceries seems pretty necessary, so I don't feel like I would get a lot of personal value out of keeping tabs on or trying to limit these. I don't mean to speak for anyone else, just for myself.
    So by the Rosa accounting method, I haven't done any spending yet this month

Today was grocery shopping and fill up with gas. Tomorrow should be a no spend.

Sat., May 6 was a no spend day. So a total of 2 no spend days out of 6. Not exactly record setting.

I have been doing horribly this month. So far, my only no spend day was Friday, May 3. Today (May 4) was awful in terms of spending! I am hopeful that tomorrow can be a no-spend day.

Thread Information