Thread: Anybody Here Rebound?

Anybody Here Rebound?

Does anybody here use a rebounder (mini trampoline)? I swim and do spin classes and yoga classes, and I recently added 15-30 minutes of rebounding almost every day. I really like it. Anybody else?

Not right now, but I used to use a mini trampoline for exercise so much that I went through 3 of them. I feel they give a great workout and I always used mine with music. Paul Simon's "Graceland" album was a great one, BTO's "Taking Care of Business" was fun to rebound to, Bruce Springsteen's "Rosalita" - great workout music.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I do spin classes but really prefer to ride my bike outside - which I do most everyday year round. Not big on yoga but like Pilate's a lot. Now they have yogalaties - combo yoga and Pilate's - at my gym and that's fun. Never tried a trampoline but I think I'd hurt myself on that as I'm not that graceful :-) .

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    I do spin classes but really prefer to ride my bike outside - which I do most everyday year round. Not big on yoga but like Pilate's a lot. Now they have yogalaties - combo yoga and Pilate's - at my gym and that's fun. Never tried a trampoline but I think I'd hurt myself on that as I'm not that graceful :-) .
    They make rebounders now with bars to hold onto...makes it perfectly safe...

I heard about rebounding in a book about the ph level of your blood. They claimed that rebounding is a very alkaline exercise which is a great thing, since most of us eat and drink acidic foods.....

Never tried it though, sounds like fun.

I used to in 2002ish, my knees hurt from it. I was newer to working out at that time and "probably" over did it, did it incorrectly, since I also suffered two hernias from another product I bought off tv the Total Gym. I now am a runner nad biker and have thought about retrying the rebounder, it was fun and I understand workouts better. Thanks for the reminder.

Yes! and I love it! I rebound every day and my kids like to join me too. It's an excellent lymphatic cleansing method too. Did you know that NASA has declared that rebounding is the best exercise of all time? Here's my post about it if you'd like: http://www.natural-alternative-thera...ding-benefits/

A new indoor trampoline park has opened here, and they offer a fitness class on the trampolines. I took one class and loved it, but most of my classmates took a fall over the course of an hour, and I would not want to injure myself. They have a series of 6 x 6 trampolines in a grid and the cross pieces are padded. The padded areas were what tripped up most of the people. The class was fun, and I felt like it was a good workout - at least I came out all sweaty! The brochure says calorie burn of up to 1000 calories per class!

We've had several of them over the years - to the point of wearing them out. I've had 'rebounder' on my shopping list again for quite some time. I find it to be very easy on my knees that were injured in my cave guide days.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information