Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May "Finishing" Thread

May "Finishing" Thread

I just posted over on BarbieGirl's thread about finishing her embroidery project. I too have many unfinished projects and they are a weight. I have so many of them at this point that I spend all my time in indecision and mostly ultimately end up online wasting time so then I don't have to decide where to start. Dumb, but it is what it is. I was tracking them in my journal thread and that helped but I didn't keep it up.

Anyone want to join me in focusing on finishing things up? It doesn't matter if it is one thing you happen to get done or if you are really purposely focusing on finishing a project (pleasant or unpleasant) - it would be fun to support each other in this.

Pics would be fun, too.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Here's an initial list, not in priority order, of things I need to finish up:

- The pegboard organizer for the sewing room
    - Rehoming the old printer
    - Wash my wedding dress
    - Organize sewing room
    - Many curtain sewing projects
    - Fabricating screens for the windows that have none

This is not an exhaustive list, these are the high-priority items and also I have all the supplies for them, except perhaps enough fabric for all the curtains. I may also need some storage containers to hang on the pegboard organizer once it is up. Some are seasonal - the screens need to be made so we can open windows up here pretty soon (please God, let us be able to open up windows at some point in 2013 . . . ).

How about you?
    Kelli

I need to organize my linen closet! Sheets, towels, curtains, my vintage quilts and vintage linens,etc.

Organize my hutch--supposed to be for china but its become a big junk drawer!

Organize my children's clothing...summer clothes out, winter clothes packed. Clothes mended, outgrown clothes donated. This is a huge undertaking as I have three growing boys, all in different sizes. Downsize their wardrobe....I pass so many hand me downs down their drawers are full of unneeded clothes. Laundry is grueling

i have more, but will work on these and post my results!

Barb

I powered through the remainder of a crocheted hat tonight. It was slow because it was all single crochet, but it is done and I will choose a faster pattern so I enjoy it a bit more.

I'm going to keep a list of things I finish:
    1. Double colored beanie
    Kelli

When I cleaned out my craft supplies a few weeks ago, I made a list of the unfinished projects I had there, so that when I have time to work on something like that I can just grab one already in progress. Not anticipating much time in the coming weeks though, since I need to get the veg garden and yard work underway. I think my oldest unfinished project is from 1993... an embroidery project I began as stress relief while working on my master's thesis. I guess it served its real purpose at the time.

I have you beat on older UFOs. I have a sweater I started knitting back in high school. My 40th reunion will be this year. It just needs to have the side seams sewn up. I hate sewing knit things, and now I knit such that I minimize seams that need to be sewn. That project is currently someplace between Honduras and a storage unit in Kansas City. I'm in Phoenix. This is a recent excuse, though.

I have a sweater I started while in Honduras that I managed to keep with me during all my recent travels. I will commit to working on it and hopefully finishing it. I'm a bit stuck on the binding off of the shoulders as I'm attempting to bind the front and back off together at the shoulders to avoid have to sew seams. I'll get it out today and at least finish that part. Then I just need to pick up the sleeve stitches and knit them.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Got the shoulders finished, and they look great. This sweater is more of a 'sampler' in that I'm teaching myself to knit continental style and trying techniques that I haven't had the courage to do before, like button holes. The first one was a disaster after 3 tries, the second better in 2 tries, the last one looks great. This sweater will be an around the house one because of all the mistakes as I learn my way. Now, on to the sleeves.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Great attitude, shadowmoss, and congrats on the shoulders.
    Kelli

I am closer to finishing both the wedding dress and the pegboard, but not done with either yet. Made some good steps on both today and hope to finish this week after work.
    Kelli

I love the idea of this thread! I have about a zillion little things sitting around that need to get done:

Okay, here is my list for the week:

1. Process online return
    2. Return belt
    3. Sell books on Amazon
    4. Mend work shirt for DH
    5. Sew button back on DH's winter coat
    6. Make hooded towel for DD
    7. Make hooded towel for DS

This morning I processed the online return and sold my books on amazon.com. Then, when I was out running errands, I returned the belt and picked up the bobbin and needle I needed to get started on some of the sewing. While DD napped, I mended DH's work shirt and made a hooded towel for DD (which turned out super cute, BTW). Still need to sew the button on DH's coat (which I am dreading--I am horrible at hand sewing) and make a hooded towel for DS. Hopefully DS's towel will go faster since I am familiar with the process now.

Feels great to cross some things off my list. Thanks for the motivation/inspiration, everyone! :-)
    Last edited by Kat; 5-6-13 at 4:03pm. Reason: Can't get strike through to work!

Thread Information