Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software Update

Software Update

I took advantage of a rainy day in Ohio and a slow day on the forums to perform a software update earlier today. Some of you may have noticed a database error if you tried accessing the forums during a small (3 to 5 minute) window while the database was being updated.

If so, sorry for the inconvenience.

The upgrade was a maintenance update which addressed approximately 120 bug fixes, none of which were ever observed or reported here. At any rate, we're now again running the latest version of vBulletin, ver 4.2.1

I don't see any immediately noticeable changes but that's not to say we won't discover small differences between versions.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That is good to know, thanks!

Very smooth upgrade, Alan!

Having come from an environment in which people were quick to yell when things didn't work after an upgrade but imitated crickets when things went well, I thought I would just mention that I appreciate your effort.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Very smooth upgrade, Alan!

Having come from an environment in which people were quick to yell when things didn't work after an upgrade but imitated crickets when things went well, I thought I would just mention that I appreciate your effort.

I agree!

Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Ditto!
    Double ditto!

Seriously, thanks Alan.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Thanks!!!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yes, thank you, Alan, for your diligence!

I have noticed, though, the last few times I've come to the site that my antivirus software is clanging loudly at me about malware, etc. I know this is a safe site, right???
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

As far as I know it is. Since our last bout with hackers I've been running virus checkers and software diagnostics daily.

The next time your antivirus software starts clanging, copy the message and send it to me. I'd be interested in seeing what it's warning you about.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thank you!
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Thread Information