Thread: Apologies to YMOYL 2nd Edition.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Apologies to YMOYL 2nd Edition.....

Just had to say I owe an apology to YMOYL the second edition. I have posted a few times here that perhaps the YMOYL program had lost some participation due to the emphasis on bonds and how low paying they are these days and due to basic everyday necessities getting more and more expensive. Turns out I picked up a copy of the second edition before leaving for my seasonal job here in Utah and these issues are mentioned in the second edition, along with the suggestion that perhaps index funds were a wise way to invest. So this ground is addressed and covered and once again I was wrong.....Rob

Yea, it seems to me what you'll never have with index funds is a stable *income* though which was kind of the the point of the original bond focus (you might accumulate capital if all goes well in the markets). The only income you'll have from such funds is any dividends they are paying which usually aren't that great or the capital gains you'll only get when you sell from the fund.
    Trees don't grow on money

I always thought the most important advice from ymoyl wasn't how or where to invest, but rather how to change you concept of enough and use your life energy for more than just earning and saving.

Thread Information