Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its the end of the world as we know it....

Congratulations, bke! and dumb question, but now you've sold your house, where will you live? if you feel like saying -

Whoo hoo! More good news! This is so awesome.

If I recall correctly, bke and her family moved to live in the same building their restaurant is housed in sometime back.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Super great news. Very,very glad for you and your new rung on the ladder!!!

You absolutely Rock!!! We do get it! And we're genuinely happy!

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    If I recall correctly, bke and her family moved to live in the same building their restaurant is housed in sometime back.
    lhamo
    This is my understanding as well. I was just telling bke's story to my DH! I was like a proud momma.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Thanks everyone. For years my dh has walked around with very little money in his pocket. I'm the one who pays for everything when we go shopping or out to eat. Last night we walked into the house and I went and got dh a decent amount of money to put in his wallet and told him to never feel like he was broke again. He has access to all our money but hasn't carried much running-around money in years. It felt so good, I cried.

For those of you that don't know, we do live at the restaurant. 2 1/2 years ago we sold our house on a land contract, remodeled at the restaurant and thought we had simplified to the point we could pay the place of fairly quickly. Well we got the house back through a bankruptcy and have been trying to sell it for the last 9 months.

When we that final payment next week we will have a paid for home and a business that is paid for as well. 13 years ago we had an income of $15, 000. I found the SLN and YMOYL because every penny counted and we were struggling to pay for the basics. At the time I was just trying to figure out how to buy diapers and pay the rent. Our current income will double as of next week and we will be able to save a large sum of money for retirement. We bought the restaurant 11 1/2 years ago and have been obsessed with becoming debt free ever since.
    I didn't want to look back at the end of my life or after some great catastrophe and think, 'How happy I used to be then if only I'd realized it.'
    Gretchen Rubin-- The Happiness Project

Well done!!!!

You are super fabulous! Congratulations!

Totally awesome!!!! Congratulations!

Congratulations

Thread Information