Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Its the end of the world as we know it....

The check has cleared, the paper work is ready. I cried on the phone when I asked the accountant for the final figures. Tonight we will pay off the restaurant. I am so freaking thankful that we've reached this point in life.
    I didn't want to look back at the end of my life or after some great catastrophe and think, 'How happy I used to be then if only I'd realized it.'
    Gretchen Rubin-- The Happiness Project

Great to hear such awesome news! You worked very hard to get where you are at, and today it's finally TANGIBLE.

bke, you should cry!!! You are an inspiration to me! I hope you know that! Look at your hard work and planning and you have a huge burden off of you, AND in the process you are living a fulfilling, mindful life with your lovely little family. HUGE HUGS FOR YOU, DH AND DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by fidgiegirl; 5-31-13 at 9:36pm. Reason: clarity
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

woohoo - that is WONDERFUL!! You are truly an inspiration to LOTS of us!!

This is such a big deal, wow! I'm so glad you shared this wonderful news.

This is amazing news! Good for you and it is definitely ok to cry, it took a lot of hard work and sacrifice but you did it Thank you for sharing this with us

Thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart. Dh called one of his brothers and shared the good news. Other than my parents and the accountant, we've kept this quiet. We're afraid it will just breed resentment and negativity IRL. But that makes being able to share it with you all that much more special. Its amazing how close you can feel to a bunch of people you've never met.

Fidgiegirl-I don't know what to do other than blush and say thank you. You've always been there cheering me along. I can't tell you how many times I felt like we were taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. You and the rest of the contributors on the daily frugals always inspire me to keep marching forward.

Now its time to focus on the FREEDOM FUND! I want out of this soul-sucking full-time employment crap as soon as humanly possible!
    I didn't want to look back at the end of my life or after some great catastrophe and think, 'How happy I used to be then if only I'd realized it.'
    Gretchen Rubin-- The Happiness Project

And you will do that freedom part as well! Congratulations on your success so far, bke.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Congrats! And I like how you used the lyrics of that so cool REM song to describe your joy! Rob

Thread Information