With all the ups and downs I got enough space to recall why I like my job. We are training our staff for summer camp tomorrow. I am doing an hour on field trips and summer issues such as heat, hydration and weather, We got a reminder email to make it fun rather than lecturing, puhleeeze. I am fun. So to break up my hour and make it both interactive and fun I am writing scenario cards for field trip issues that we can break into groups to answer 2 questions about, what do you do (short fix) and how can you prepare (long fix). I have lots of real stories such as the one year the field trip was an indoor amusement park and every group had 5 pukers. Then we will create 2 posters of short fixes and long fixes (bring extra t-shirts and gallon size ziploc and gloves if you wanted to know) so we can all start Monday super prepared.

I will stop short of making the heat exhaustion/stroke symptoms into a jeopardy game but it will be fun, with real life connections, actual materials brought in, and with hand outs to write on and take back. Now I gotta go work on this,