Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Free Library?

You're right, Kelli - I could build it myself... but working with wood and saws is just not something I enjoy, which is why I'm suggesting it to DH, as he does. But although he is interested in the idea, I think I might have to begin it or it will just never happen! I have a vision of our front yard as a flower garden with a bench and a little free library for anyone who wants to partake of them. Right now the flower bed needs re-doing (and ash tree roots are in the way, so it will be tricky), the bench is waiting at the store for a clearance sale, and the library needs building. Another project to be done!

Simplemind ---- Seed packets! Brilliant!!!

I love this idea. Building a free reading culture. Very inspiring. I'd like to make one soon.

This guy thought that building a free reading culture was a worthy endeavor:

http://www.nps.gov/nr/twhp/wwwlps/le...50carnegie.htm

I'm thinking of putting one up at my cabin. It is a small community of around 500, and the bookmobile comes once a week. I'm not sure of the design - I'm thinking larger than most of what I see I see - maybe like a small storage shed?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

http://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/

I had fun looking at the map and photos of all the littlefreelibrarys. There aren't any in my town, which is sad.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

We have a few in my town; the closest is at a little local market and I have both borrowed, returned, and donated to it. I think they are a sweet idea.

Wow! How have I never seen these before?

These are really great and would make me so happy to see if I were out and about.

Thread Information