Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 200 Items, 30 days

137 credit card swipe terminal (taken to the computer recycle center)
    138 case of credit card thermal paper
    139-149 (10 + pounds of old business files, catalogs, price lists, etc) All credit to DH on that one, and I'll count each pound as one item because this was really hard for him to do.
    150-151 wall maps (donated to a homeschooling friend)
    152-162 DH found 10 books he was willing to send to the used book store
    163 - I broke a pair of sunglasses (thankfully not my RX pair)
    164-179 selling 15 small 1/2 size pallets today via craigslist. Buyer should pick up at 2:30.

If we take this to the end of the month, I think I'll reach that 200 item goal.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I just mucked out the fridge. Do the items which did not return count?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Those dishes are lovely, redfox! I like how you have them displayed, too.
    Thanks! It means we use them, which is my rule of keep-or-get-rid-of. Nothing precious is my other rule.

Today, more not being used dishes are going away, to a friend, and she is bringing me some of her homemade hummus in trade. (I sold the ones worth selling.) Yesterday, an IKEA expedite workstation went to a neighbor for his 8 year old, and he paid me in homemade pesto. Yummm! I am liking this trade stuff for edibles trend.

Tomorrow, one of the kids my DSD went to high school with is taking away a futon & folding frame. Perfect for her starter apartment. I've been listing stuff on my Facebook page, and this has been the very best way to find takers. Next week, I am tackling office supplies. Off with them all!!!

PS -- oh, Steve, yes, count it all! I really need to muck out the frig...

132-138. two broken pairs of sunglasses and five items to the children's consignment shop

139-167. 29 items to the thrift store - mostly old clothes of mine and my daughter's

And I think that's as far as I'll make it on this challenge since we are leaving for a 12-day vacation tomorrow. Thanks, Kat and all of you, for the inspiration!!

180 - sold a desk
    181-190 son#2 has been working hard all summer at working out and dropped a couple of sizes on his pants. 9 pair to the thrift shop.
    191-194 - art booth display sold and shipped (abstracta 3 pedestals and 1 shelf unit - some stuff I hadn't used in years)
    195-201 several pieces of studio equipment - sold but not picked up yet (2 annealer ovens, bench, tool table, marver table, grinder, and a swamp cooler)

Woo Hoo - I did it!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Great job, float on, ejchase, and everyone! The baby and I both got sick, so I didn't make any more progress. I did make it past the halfway point, though, so I am happy about that. Thanks for the motivation and encouragement!

Sorry to hear you were sick, Kat, but trust you and the baby are getting better. Thanks again for getting us started!

Thread Information