Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Paula Deen situation

I've never heard of her before but she sounds like an all-around horrible person. Tar-and-feather her, and run her out of town on a rail!

Who's next?

Ha ha.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yes, its all gotten very circus-like in this country. I keep wondering when it will totally implode.........

It was so much better when you could round up a bunch of black children and have them tap dance at your wedding, re-creating that special ante-bellum feeling. [/sarcasm]

Should we prohibit black tap dancers from performing at weddings?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Have you read the article?

Yes, I read an accusation made by someone attempting to gain a large settlement, although I'd prefer not to judge people on hearsay, especially people who bear the burden of being perceived to have deep pockets.

Prudence prevents me from immediately jumping onto the tar & feathers bandwagon. There's already way too much of that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Yes, its all gotten very circus-like in this country. I keep wondering when it will totally implode.........
    +1 You and me both. Rob

Race is a difficult topic in this country. Blowing up the legitimate questions being asked of Ms. Deen's behavior as an employer in a tense & complicated social dynamic is unfortunate. I hope the drama sparks some public conversations about race & class that are a bit more inquiry based, and much less accusatory and simplistic -- from all sides.

Having read the filed complaint by Ms Jackson, if everything she alleges is true -- good lord, I don't know how she managed 5 years in that position (i think she worked there 6 years total or thereabouts).

That, of course, is not meant to imply in any way that what she alleges *isn't* true. I don't know if it is or isn't. But when I read it, I was truly shocked that anyone would behave that way in a business environment (the way she described bubba as behaving).

Thread Information