Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you think you are?

Love this show when I used to watch TV. Nice wholesome, truly interesting show.....

I did the 23 and me thing and enjoyed it. I did it for the health info but the ethnicity parts are interesting too. I'm 4% Neanderthal. I'm not worried about the privacy. I love science too much to worry about those possibilities. Haven't regretted it yet but time will tell ...

Yea the "23 and me" connections go deeper than Mountain View (that was just hmm, isn't it interesting?). The CEO of 23 and me is Anne Wojcicki. She was married to Google co-founder Sergey Brin (no longer together). Her sister is CEO of YouTube (owned by Google of course) and a former executive at Google. And we're talking upper management positions here, not just someone is connected to some nobody working somewhere.

So the links between 23 and me and Google are deep (close enough that it may as well be a subsidiary perhaps). The links between Google and the government are also deep (Prism but also see: https://www.wikileaks.org/Op-ed-Goog...NSA-Who-s.html) So yea the data probably goes to some intelligence agency. But maybe everything ends up there anyway. There's not 7 degrees of separation but more like 2 all down the line right up to the state department ("3 hops" and the NSA says your a terrorist to be spied on, but heaven forbid we the people think in terms of these "hops" when analyzing the powers that be). There's also a not many hops Facebook connection with "23 and me" (found this out with the Randy Zuckerberg photo thing) but I can't for the life of me find it ... so facebook connection to 23 and me but not sure what.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information