Thread: RV Parks and pets?

RV Parks and pets?

I looked at a bunch of RV Parks online that allowed dogs (most), but all of them said you could not leave a dog alone or unattended in an RV at any time. I thought this was pretty restrictive - especially in the long term parks where you may be there for a several weeks or longer - and wondered if this policy was usually enforced by the park owners. I would never leave my dogs tied up to an RV if I wasn't there, but I thought that i would be able to leave them inside for several hours at a time while I go do other stuff. Anyone know how the pet policies work?
    Lindi

Many RVs have those rules, but only enforce them if the dog barks a lot during your absence and neighbors complain. However, there are some other good reasons for those rules. If weather is hot and a/c is running and there is a power outage, the rig can heat up almost as quickly as an automobile and become a death trap for pets.

In most cases the "pet policies" are there to be able to deal with problems by pointing at the rules, avoiding arguments if someone is asked to leave, etc.

It's like the Elk's clubs who often have "rules" that traveling Elks can only stay so many days at an Elk's Lodge. All of them want protection from the boors, extra heavy drinkers, people fighting, etc., so limit the length of "allowable" stay that way, although in most cases, you can stay a month or more if you're not causing any problems.

Yeah that's kind of what I thought would happen - if you and your pets are good, then they probably don't care but have the rules to be able to enforce the parks pet policy if the dog is bad (Bad Dog!! Bad Dog!!). I hadn't thought of the A/C going out - that's a good point. I think my dogs might be a bit too barky for an RV park unfortunately, so guess it's back to the vacation cabin rental. At least with that I can get a place that's far from people and the dogs will have more room to roam.

Thread Information